Read more" />

Woman dies after fire engulfs Halifax-area home – Halifax

A lady died after a fireplace early Friday at a house within the Halifax neighborhood of Williamswood.

In a launch, the municipality mentioned Halifax Regional Fireplace and Emergency firefighters have been known as to a home on fireplace on Moody Park Drive at round 1:20 a.m. Friday.

“Upon arrival, firefighters found very heavy fireplace circumstances in a two-storey home and have been informed that there was nonetheless a feminine resident within the house,” the discharge mentioned.

“Regardless of harmful fireplace circumstances and structural injury to the home, fireplace crews raised ladders to the second storey to be able to achieve entry and search the home.”

Learn extra:

2 dead after collision involving stolen truck in Nova Scotia

Firefighters have been capable of find the resident and take away her from the burning home, nevertheless, “sadly, the lady was unresponsive.”

Story continues beneath commercial

“Our ideas are with the household and family members impacted by this tragic fireplace in addition to the broader Williamswood neighborhood,” the discharge mentioned. “Our firefighters work exhausting daily to scale back the affect of fires to residents in our neighborhood. Any lack of life to fireplace is heartbreaking.”

The municipality mentioned the reason for the fireplace is underneath investigation.

In an announcement earlier within the morning, Halifax Regional Police mentioned officers stay onsite aiding fireplace companies with the investigation. Moody Park Drive is closed to visitors and is predicted to stay closed for the remainder of the day, it mentioned.

© 2022 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.

Leave a Comment